Friday, October 27, 2006

Kovalev is awesome

Yes, Alexei Kovalev is one of the greatest puck handlers in the NHL today, maybe even in history, but this guy has a temper like a two year-old. In honour of his game misconduct last night for banging the glass with his stick when a referee didn't make a call, in Boston of all places, we'll take a look back to last season when he just destroyed former Canadiens forward Darcy Tucker, now with the shitty Leafs. Now I love this hit, I love Kovalev, and I hate the Leafs, so this has everything. Go Habs! Go!



And if you have about 10 minutes to kill, here's the brawl to end all brawls. For Canadiens fans too young to remember, this is the Quebec-Montreal Good Friday brawl. Now this was a rivalry, they were rivals right up until Quebec became Colorado, that's garbage. This happened a few months before I was even born, but it brings a tear to my eye when I watch because I miss the days when there were true rivalries. I mean in my lifetime there haven't been rivalries like back in the day, but you still had the Leafs/Canadiens, Canadiens/Quebec, not so much Boston. At least now there are kinda rivalries between the teams in the Northeast Division. So here's the footage from that fateful day in April 1984. For the fans of today's NHL, you'll see and hear some names you might recognize, but not as players.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a badass

 

Post a Comment

<< Home